Photo details: Straight Cut Copper Tube with 14 Bar & 140 LPM
Some Problems with Open Metal Tubes
- Dispersed jet, and air entrainment, especially due to cutting burrs
- Crushing end of tube to create increased pressure and wider jet can give even more dispersed jet
- Adjusted by bending, but will fatigue after several attempts
- Jet aims changes when coolant flows, requires bend compensation
- Need to be placed close to wheel to be effective, but then gets damaged
- Rotation of tube in compression fitting changes aim, unless retightened
Photo details: Crushing attempt on copper tube
Cool-Grind Solder-Fit Copper Nozzles
Flat Solder-Fit Jet
Round Solder-Fit Jet
- Cool-Grind can supply convenient pre-soldered brass on copper nozzle for greatly improved coolant delivery, much reduced flowrate, and higher jet speed.
- Benefits include longer corner retention, cooler grinding, faster throughput, and more tools added to auto-loader.
- The benefits when grinding steel tools are even greater