Grinding is a thermally dominated process, meaning a high percentage of process heat initially enters the part before coolant quenches it. Unless the coolant is...Read More
The BEST Coolant Flow
shop our nozzles
Improve Your Grinding Coolant Delivery
- You will consume far fewer grinding wheels per year.
- Greater production throughput increases your capacity.
- Improved surface finish and reduced thermal damage in the final surface.
- Greater dressing tool life and less time lost due to dressing.
- A harder grade wheel will hold form without burning the part.
- Engineered nozzles do not move out of position, even at higher pressure.
- Reduced fire risk with oil coolants, and less flowrate required.
Why Choose Cool-Grind Nozzles?
- Cool-Grind pioneered the coherent-jet nozzle in 1990 at the University of Connecticut.
- Despite their low price the laser-like quality of the jets is an industry leader, even the flat formed nozzle.
- Many of the Cool-Grind nozzles incorporate a +/- 30 degree swivel for accurate jet alignment.
- The higher impact of coherent jets keeps the wheel surface cleaner than competitor nozzles.
- Cool-Grind products are connected using standard pipe threads.
- Cool-Grind nozzles can be clustered much closer together than competitors nozzles.
- Cool-Grind nozzles do not move out of position when tightening the swivels, unlike competitors.
The humble coolant nozzle can have a greater impact on the grinding process than you think. In this feature, Dr John A. Webster examines the...Read More
Nozzles are often used to supply coolant during grinding or machining operations to control workpiece temperature, keep the grinding wheel or tool clean and open...Read More